What information do we collect?
CLOUDLINUX may collect personally identifiable information from you such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, credit card number (in the case of direct customers) and, if applicable, company names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, credit card numbers or tax ID numbers as well as similar information concerning technical contacts, marketing contacts, and executive contacts within your company or organization (collectively, “Personal Information”).
CLOUDLINUX may collect non-personally identifiable information from you such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, the screen resolution of your browser, your ISP, your IP address, which pages you view on the Site and the time and duration of your visits to the Site (collectively, “Non-Personal Information”). CLOUDLINUX associates Non-Personal Information with Personal Information if you register with the Site.
If you communicate with us, we may collect information relating to that communication whether it takes the form of email, fax, letter, forum posting, testimonials or any other form of communication between you and CLOUDLINUX or Submitted by you to the Site (collectively, “User Communications”).
If you use one of our software products such as CloudLinux OS, KernelCare, Imunify360 or CloudLinux Backup, we may collect certain information concerning such software, its use, and concerning the server upon which the software operates. This information includes: (a) the licensed or unlicensed status of the software; (b) the source from which the license for the software was obtained (CloudLinux or CloudLinux reseller or partner); or (c) information about the server upon which the software is installed including (i) the public IP address, (ii) the operating system and (iii) the use of any virtualization technologies on such server ((a) through (c) collectively, “Server Information”), server uptime and server hardware information including CPU, memory, disks, motherboard. Additionally, “Server Information” may also include (x) information collected by CloudLinux from time to time concerning which features of the software are most often used in order to improve and make adjustments to the software; and (y) information collected from you by CloudLinux in the event that you request technical support services including without limitation, IP addresses, usernames and passwords necessary to login to SSH, list of running processes and content of configuration files.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service
- In the context of customer support, your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests.
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide in the application may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your usage, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology to and then stored into our database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Credit card information is transmitted directly to the payment processor and is not stored on our servers. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]
Cookies or other tracking technologies?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Do we share any information with outside parties?
- Service Providers
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service or processing your payment. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- With Your Consent
- We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Third-Party Widgets
- Legal Disclaimer
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- In the event CLOUDLINUX is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
User Access and Choice
Upon request, CLOUDLINUX will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct or request deletion of your personal information by logging in to your account or by contacting us at [email protected] We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- Data Retention
- We will retain your information as needed to provide you services. Even if you close your account with CLOUDLINUX, we will still retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. However, we will identify your account in our database as “deleted” or “closed”.
- Opt-out Preferences
- When you register for an account, we will use your name and email address to send periodic emails to you of both promotional and transactional in nature. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected]
We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to our merchant partners (third party products or services) on our Sites. These third party’s websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Sites and welcome any feedback about these third-party websites.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Sites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected]
- Social Media Widgets:
- CloudLinux Sites may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
Consent to Our Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing your consent to the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of this Site.
Information Related to Data Collected through our Products and Services
- Information Related to Data Processor or Collected for our Customers:
- CloudLinux is considered a processor or sub-processor under the direction of our customers who are considered controllers or processors. CloudLinux has entered appropriate Data Processing Agreements with our customers controlling protection of your personal data. We may transfer personal data to third-party processor companies (i.e. cloud data and server services) that help us provide our service. Such third party processors are located in, and the transfers are limited to, the United States or countries in the European Union and these processors are controlled by data processing agreements providing the same protections of your personal data.
- Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Customers:
- CloudLinux acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information or ask for its removal. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to the CloudLinux’s customer (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- CloudLinux will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide Services to our customer. CloudLinux will also retain personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Cloud Linux Inc
2318 Louis Rd, Suite B
Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA